The National Conversation formed part of the Note Weavers Talking Regions project which was funded by Youth Music and involved regional organisations from across England coming together to talk about early years music practice and provision. Now that this phase is complete, Note Weavers CIC would like to share the evaluation report written by Sally-Anne Brown.
Over the past few months Note Weavers Directors Sally-Anne Brown, Vic Holmes and Zoe Greenhalgh have greatly enjoyed working with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra’s Digital and Learning team to develop their Musical Story of the Gingerbread Man, a short film for children with a series of associated activities for early years and key stage 1 settings.
Recorded at the recently renovated Queen’s Park Bandstand in Heywood the film features the Orchestra’s Early Ears Trio and is narrated by Radio 5 Live’s Nihal Arthanayake, and is scheduled for broadcast by CBeebies on Saturday 5th March 2022. It is also available to view via the BBC iPlayer:
To accompany the film the Note Weavers team have devised and written a range of activities and downloadable resources to support music delivery in Early Years and Key Stage 1 settings which are freely available via the BBC website
We hope you find these resources useful and welcome your comments via our social media channels:
Note Weavers Consultation Event
Date: Thursday 25th April 2019
Time: 10.00 – 13.00
Venue: The Picture House, Swan St, Manchester, M4 5JZ
We are delighted to welcome Jane Parker to the 3rd Note Weavers free consultation event. Jane, the Early Years Music lead at the Soundwaves Network at Take Art, has extensive knowledge and experience of working in collaboration with early years practitioners, musicians and arts organisations.
Come and add your voice to the conversation as Note Weavers works to develop future priority areas, opportunities and activities.
Who should attend?
- Early Years music practitioners
- Arts and Cultural organisations; Libraries, Museums & Galleries, Arts Venues, Music Organisations & Venues
- Early Years Education & Care: school managers, Local Authority Early Years Managers, practitioners, students, researchers etc.
- Music Service & Music Education Hub leads
- Health & Social Care organisations; families in challenging circumstances, communication & language support, early intervention
Topics for discussion will include:
- models of practice and ways of partnership working
- exploring ideas for collaborative projects for the future
Areas of particular interest:
- provision for the under 3s
- working with parents & families in challenging circumstances
- cross sector collaboration