2 part online training workshop
with Zoe Greenhalgh
Sunday 28 February & 7 March 2021, 10-12am £30
Zoe will look at ways to support young children’s musical development using joyful approaches that engage both children and adults in playful, confidence building learning.
During these two sessions Zoe will lead us in singing games and rhymes to support children’s musical development and:
- show how material can be developed to deepen & progress musical skills
- develop understanding of the planning, structure & delivery of music sessions
Who is it for?
Early years practitioners & teachers, musicians working with children 0-5 years , anyone working with this age group. No musical knowledge required.
What will you gain?
- information, ideas & resources
- increased confidence through a better understanding of how to use singing games & rhymes to support musical & holistic development with links to the EYFS framework
- the development of knowledge, skills & understanding of selecting quality songs & rhymes & using songs & rhymes appropriately for different age groups.
Comments from previous training:
- Wonderfully inspiring and everything felt achievable
- Fantastic training, well presented, questions answered
- Very good training, feel inspired and refreshed
- Great session, highly motivational
Zoe Greenhalgh is an early childhood music educator, author, consultant and researcher with wide experience of working with babies, children, parents, carers and educators in early years and community settings. Well known for her work in the North West, Zoe also enjoys a national reputation as a consultant, workshop provider and author; her book “Music and Singing in the Early Years” (Routledge 2018) has been well received. Zoe is a Course Director for the Certificate for Music Educators: Early Childhood (CME:EC) at the Centre for Research in Early Childhood (CREC) and an Associate Tutor in Early Years Education at Edge Hill University. She is also Early Childhood Tutor for The British Kodály Academy.
We will be using online video software Zoom, so please ensure you have downloaded the app on a desktop or mobile ahead of the session.
For security, we’re asking you to sign up via Eventbrite and you will be emailed the Zoom ID and password after you register.