28th January 2019 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
We are delighted to welcome Dr Susan Young to the 2nd Note Weavers regional event at More Music next Monday.
Susan is a world renowned writer, academic and commentator on music in early childhood and is Chair of MERYC England. Attendance by anyone involved with young children, families, carers and educators is highly recommended.
This consultation event is an opportunity to share thoughts and explore aspects of music in early childhood with colleagues from the North West region. The evening will include:
- a keynote presentation from Dr Susan Young
- collaborative discussions on developing a vision and strategy for early childhood music provision in the North West
- exploration of partnerships and collaborative ways of working for the future
- workforce development with particular reference to possible inclusion of music for 0-5 years in the 2020 Music Education Plan
In her presentation Susan will open out many of the issues within the early years music sector and the challenges and opportunities they present at the local level:
“If, as predicted, the revised National Plan for Music Education (2020) does extend funding to include the under 5s, this change will create a new landscape for early childhood music. The Note Weavers network is timely and needed. The network aims to equip all stakeholders [music hubs and partner organisations, early childhood settings, music practitioners] with the knowledge and understanding to drive forward developments in early childhood music.”
Who should attend?
This event is open to anyone working with the 0-5 age range as all voices need to be heard. We are particularly keen to engage with managers, decision makers and early years curriculum leaders from:
- music education services/hubs,
- arts organisations
- early years education settings
- local authority early years departments
- further & higher education early years departments
- museum & library settings
Book your place today…
Before you go sign up here to be the first to know about developments & opportunities