Sorrel has been delivering live Facebook sessions each week for the last two months as part of Shared Sounds, a Youth Music funded project in collaboration with Note Weavers, adapted due to Covid-19 into a blended delivery. During this CPD she will share the ways she has used songs and developed musical activities using found objects to support and enable families to engage and explore music together at home during lockdown.
Zoe’s session will focus on planning for musical learning and include:
- choosing songs & rhymes and their associated activities
- things to consider when presenting these planned activities to children
Everyone will have the opportunity to attend both sessions which will be around 30 minutes long and include 10 minutes for questions.
The final whole group discussion will focus on working safely during the current COVID climate:
- how updates in government guidelines might effect the delivery of music sessions in early years settings
- What protective measures do we as practitioners need to implement
- What about risk assessments?
- Can we or can’t we sing and chant?
Come, join the conversation and connect with other practitioners across the region.
We’ll be using online video software Zoom, so please ensure you have downloaded the app on a desktop or mobile ahead of the session.
*Please be aware that this event is for practitioners working in the North West of England only.